Moving to a new house? Congratulations.
However, moving is not as easy as it seems. There is a lot to consider and prepare for before the actual move.
One of the most challenging moving tasks is packing that can take its toll on even the best planners.
Take your time to figure out how you’re going to pack your stuff without breaking the bank, your delicate crockery, or your back.
You can hire a moving company to make the whole process easier on your nerves. Visit https://www.cbdmovers.com.au/removals/removalists-sydney/ and request a quote.
Some other packing tips to experience a hassle-free transition are:
1. Pack ahead of time
The saying, “Early bird gets the worm” fits well here.
Packing early little by little is far less hard than handling it all in one day.
A few weeks before your move, start packing the stuff like:
- Seasonal clothes
- Outgrown items
- Heavy Furniture
- Delicate Crockery
- Expensive Art pieces
The earlier you start packing, the better it will be. However, packing is an arduous job, so hire professional removalists in Perth to make the process a breeze and save your time for other crucial things.
There is no point in packing unnecessary and broken items that are just adding extra kilos to your moving containers.
Lighten your workload by decluttering items that serve no purpose in your new house.
Some of the ways to purge old stuff are:
- Donate: Donate books, clothes, and any other stuff that you no longer need.
- Sell: Host a garage sale & sell items that are in good shape and pocket some extra cash.
- Giveaway: Give away any furniture or electronic items that you won’t be using to your friends or someone who needs them.
3. Categorize packaging according to room
Categorizing your household items into groups makes packing much more manageable and will help you keep track of your valuable possessions.
A great tip is to categorize items as per room.
For instance, start with your kitchen. Pack juice glasses and coffee mugs in one box and cookware in another.
This will make it easier to pack and unpack items more efficiently.
4. Gather all packing supplies
Gather adequate and high-quality packing material to ensure your items reach safely at the new address.
Some important packing supplies to have a great moving experience are:
- Cardboard boxes: Being strong and durable, cardboard boxes are best to pack electrical appliances, books, and clothes.
- Moving blankets: Offer protection to expensive furniture and electronics against scratches during the relocation.
- Bubble wrap: Protects fragile items such as plates, artwork, vases, and glasses.
- Plastic wrap: Seal the shampoo or conditioner bottles with plastic wraps to avoid leaks and spills.
- Packing paper: Protects glass surfaces and fragile items against any damage.
You can easily get all packing material from cheap movers Ballarat free of cost or low price.
5. Pack essentials separately
There is nothing more frustrating than rummaging all your moving boxes just to find your toothbrush.
It’s recommended to separately pack all essentials like toiletries, phone/laptop chargers, first aid box, clothes, and anything else that you will require on moving day and the first couple of days in your new home.
6. Label every container
Label every container to know the contents of the box at a glance.
For example, a label box containing kitchen items as “kitchen/everyday dishes/fragile.”
Some other tips to follow are:
- Tape all sides of the container
- Use permanent markers
- Buy moving box labels or stickers
- Label the sensitive items as ”Fragile”
7. Fill the air gaps in boxes
Use packing paper, clothes, and foam peanuts to fill in any empty spaces in your boxes.
Also, for fragile items add some extra padding on the bottom and sides and wrap each dishware with packing paper.
This will prevent items from shifting and getting hit by other items around during loading/unloading and traveling.
8. Tape all the containers
Last but not the least, use high-quality and durable packing tape to seal the top and bottom of all the moving containers firmly.
This will make the loading and unloading process a lot easier.
Loading and unloading stuff is not tough when you hire a moving company. Click here to seek professional help.
In the end…
There is no packing guide that suits every person’s needs. Different people have different items like an antique crockery collection and valuable wood furniture that may require extra-safe handling.
To make packing as easy as possible for you, hire movers and packers in Adelaide.
Have a safe move!